Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are:
- suitable for small group study
- equipped with whiteboards
- located on the floors 2, 3, and 4 of the MLC
- available on a first-come, first-served basis (except for class breakout sessions)
For faculty, instructors, and TAs: Group study rooms can only be reserved during classroom hours for the purpose of providing classroom breakout session space. A classroom breakout session is defined as a teaching model in which one scheduled class per week, for example, meets in smaller sections to facilitate discussion and greater interaction in the larger classes. 20 group study rooms have been designated for this use during classroom hours.
To reserve a group study room for a classroom breakout session, make a request through the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-8021. Requests to reserve group study rooms may be made at the beginning of each semester or during the semester up to 24 hours before the time the room is needed on a first come, first-served basis.
Group Study Room Policy
- The 96 group study rooms in the SLC are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The purpose of these rooms is for group study rather than individual study. Therefore, groups have priority.
- A group is considered to be 2 or more people.
- An individual user must relinquish the room to a group immediately upon request. Individuals waiting on group members must also comply.
- Belongings that are left unattended in a room cannot reserve the space and may be removed to the 2nd floor Security / Information Desk if a room is needed for a waiting group. Please remember that unattended belongings also pose a security risk.
- If you move additional seating into a room to accommodate your group, please return it.